Q: How much does it cost to build a custom home?
A: The cost varies depending on many factors like design, size, feature selections, etc. We can generally build a high-quality, high-end finished home for around $250 – $350 per square foot. However we’ve built homes for more and for less.
Q: How long does it take to complete the home?
A: We’ve been doing this a long time and will routinely complete a brand new, 3,500 – 4,000 square foot custom home in 9-11 months. Include a basement and it adds another 1-2 months to the project.
Q: What sets KCI apart from other builders?
A: Many things. And it starts with our 3 core values:
- We build faster and on time without sacrificing quality. There should never be a day on your project when something isn’t done, and done well. We push every day to make sure that happens.
- We build high-end, high quality custom homes on budget. We never stop looking for ways to do things more economically or more efficiently. Our highest priority is the integrity of your budget.
- We deliver on our promises. It’s a simple philosophy, but we base our reputation on it.
Q: How/where do I start?
A: We always start with a plan. We have a complete team for every part of the building process—architects, designers, engineers, consultants and skilled labor. So we first assemble the team to make sure that…
- Everyone is on the same page.
- There’s a coordinated vision
- There’s a path laid out to navigate the maze of local planning/building jurisdictions
Because of our extensive experience, knowledge and established contacts within these jurisdictions, we take you smoothly through the entire process. Building a house should be exciting and fun. And that’s how we try to make it.
Q: We already have an architect. Can we still use KCI?
A: Of course. We’ve worked with numerous architects on different projects, and can work with anyone. It’s still our nature to provide value-added engineering, so we’ll still make suggestions for improvements or cost-saving measures. That’s why it’s in your best interest to involve us as early as possible.
Q: How can I be assured about the level of quality you provide?
A: Our greatest advocates are former clients so talk to as many of them as you want. We maintain strong relationships with them and we’re confident you’ll discover a high level of customer satisfaction from everyone. You can also browse the pictures on our website although they only show a small part of the whole. We’ll gladly arrange a personal tour of any of our completed homes so you can see for yourself the level of detail and craftsmanship that goes into every custom home we build.